Over time I accumulated a number of examples that I placed in public. Many are no longer especially relevant. A few are worth carrying forward. Some are still (unexpectedly) popular.
Moving some/all of this to Github. Have older Subversion and Mercurial repositories I would just as soon not maintain.
The sources for smaller examples are just files on this site.
Examples moved to Github: (will update)
- C++/feed-workers - Efficient read of sequential text and feed to parallel workers.
Examples stored on the website:
- C++/Mersenne twister random number generator - Fast/small implementation in C++, and update.
- Extending the Pearson hash function to larger values - In the past I have found much use for the Pearson hash.
- C++/fast string class - Small/fast string class in C++.
Examples to move:
- C++/CSV reader - Took the feed-workers code as a base and wrote a fast CSV reader.