A question for which I do not have an answer….
Where does “capital” come from?
Or more precisely - by portion, and in the present day, where does “capital” come from? Is the bulk of capital currently hunting for a place to invest, from:
- Baby-boomers saving for retirement.
- Trust fund kiddies - or more exactly the trusts that support them.
- Large institutions looking for a place to park their cash.
- Middle-east families, looking for a place to park oil revenues.
- Far-east outfits (of late most especially China), looking to park profits from low wages and high exports.
In proportion, I have no notion where the world’s “capital” comes from. This is a pretty important question, and I have no idea as to the answer, or even if the answer is accessible.